Thursday, November 27, 2008

Truancy Due to Twilight

I just finished a Freebie Starbucks meeting with my Manager, which accounted for the delay in this post. She is leaving for the STates tomorrow and she just wanted to make sure everything's A-Okay. Ironically, I arrived earlier than her considering that the whole morning I was literally MIA in my desk.


Around 12ish:


I’m guilty, if there’s such a thing, for skipping professional responsibilities. My morning started late at around when I woke up at 8 am. I took a bath, had tiramisu for breakfast and even had the gall to watch HBO Central's One on One segment (knew about the revolutionary movie HARVEY MILK). I asked the driver to quickly take me to the Shuttle Station where I could get an express ride to Greenbelt. In Greenbelt, I spent another hundred bucks for coffee while waiting for the theater counters to open so I could purchase Twilight Tickets for tomorrow night. All for the sake of this hyped up movie.

Actually, I’m a neutral fan. I’m not exactly what Kirsten Stewart would call a “retard" by her standards. I just want to get this thing over with befor Saturday starts or it would just irritate me. I just don’t want to hear any other mixed reviews from any one else. I’m itching to have my first hand reaction of the movie whether it sucked, just bearable or mind blowing excellent (I wish). So, I decided to watch it tomorrow with Mitch, Den and a couple of friends so that we could all save gas money and other expenses than hauling back our butts to Makati over the weekend.

After reading a few chapters of Alice Sebold’s The Lovely Bones, I went to the theaters at around 11 am sharp and found out that they don’t open till 11:30. Since my stomach was acting pretty nasty, I took a quick trip to the clean and deserted comfort room and did my nasty business. After a successful outcome, I went down at 11:15 and saw that a line was already formed. I’m betting they’re all lined up for Twilight and they’re redeeming their sure seat tickets for tonight.

When my turn came, I specifically told the lady that I’m buying tickets for Tomorrow night around specified times. She quickly presented to me the available seats and I told her again and again that it was for tomorrow. Not really minding to see if she felt insulted, I specified again that it’s for November 28th, Friday, which is for Tomorrow. Customer service training might have really paid off since she still answered me politely and I finally realized that I was having that comedic double vision wherein my mind would still force to contradict my senses, if it's not something I have realistically imagined. True enough the schedules and seat assignments in front of me were already were indeed for tomorrow night and the available seats were just pathetic.

It was so pathetic that almost every seat’s taken except for the very first rows and staggered single seats. I skipped the 9 pm show times and quickly moved to their available shows at 10. Good thing I saw 5 manageable seats at the right part, although much nearer to the screen. I’ve no intention of watching the movie at around 11 or 12 so I booked tickets with the 10 pm schedule. Good luck to those who are planning to watch the movie tomorrow night and still haven’t purchased the tickets online. I guess they would still have to fall in line tomorrow for the showing dates on Saturday or Sunday.

When I got to the office, another set of reviews hounded me. Some liked it, some don’t. Whatever. I would have to find out for myself tomorrow with semi-pathetic seats that is. I just hope my morning truancy was all worth it.

No comments: