Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hobbies and Age

If "resting" means not having an agenda to do anything, well I think I've accomplished that for this weekend. I stayed at home and had people coming over for a visit as if I'm sick. It made me have a quick peek of a slothful life, not that I recommend it.

Thinking about the future, about your specific strategic moves and constantly playing scenes in your head are not entirely healthy mental activities you could do for the whole weekend. Looking for a diversion and a need to get me into new clothes, my friend-neighbor Nikkon called me up at 10:30 am while I'm reading a suspense-action packed novel by Dean Koontz. (To Keep my mind flared up for possible activity) He asked if I'm doing anything, which meant that he wants to invite me and practice his culinary knowledge for lunch. It was a no-brainer. I accepted.

He went over at my house as soon as I've change into something appropriate. Tossed my overused pj's and got ingredients at our kitchen to bring to the chef's abode. Wow, this would be my first actual activity for the weekend. I kind of felt recharged with the thought of a yummy lunch.

While cooking, Mitch followed and decided to join us before his photo shoot in Paco Church. Nikkon, a special marketing student in CSB, talked about his impending quarter life celebration and his plans on studying culinary arts. He has a penchant for cooking, as I have a penchant for eating, therefore we compliment each other. I urged him to take up special culinary courses that can be accomplished in less than 6 months, and this means free lunches and food critiques for me.

It actually made me think that now we're getting older, our certain hobbies have also reached a more serious level. Nikkon, a frustrated chef, wanted to take his interest into formal schooling and in event try to produce his own concoctions for grills and bars. Mitch, who is technically artistic at heart, profits from his investment in photography. Whereas I, who would love to research and write, maximizes the therapy of blogging, which has become seriously fun. I cannot begin to enumerate some friends who have bought certain expensive gadgets to satiate their hobbies that they've been nursing ever since. Hobbies I guess grow with people, as people grow into mature thinking with increase resources. It's impressive and very comforting to know that interests are given various opportunities to thrive and ripen at a perfect time. Who knows, we have all the time in the world to be professionals about it. Wait till you hear a chef, a photographer, a writer, a dj, a zipper and an entrepreneur conquering the limelight. At this point we felt we could do anything.



*Presenting the future Chef Extraordinare, The Photographer, The Writer-Blogger


Gosh, we really are getting older, might as well enjoy the process!


And enjoyed we did. *Nikkon's famous impromptu Cable Rice with Tocino, Egg and Pepper

No comments: