Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rain and Miley Cyrus

I'd like to think I'm honest, and I don't deny the fact that I love....love....the gloomy rainy weather. I think I've posted a couple of entries about my love for the rain, but now I've taken it into the extreme. Due to health conditions I am here blogging in my house, wearing pajamas, full breakfast in bed routine. My morning started out really right.

Speaking of honesty, I read an article about Miley Cyrus today. Just to clarify, I have not seen her show in full-length although I've been observing and reading her to be this hyped up 15 year old American girl who is soon to be as big as Britney Spears and hopefully has a better head on her shoulders. She is considered a major Disney investment as she tops the idol meter for teens. She has attended the Oscars, have a close tie with family, seems pretty innocent and sweet. In this article in AOL, she tries to shy away from the controversy about her racy picture done by the legendary Annie Leibovitz. Instead she discusses the pretty dangerous waters of "premarital sex" and falling in love.

She admits in the interview that girls her age fall in love and that premarital sex is happening. But she wears a purity ring to signify that she wants to have sex only after god blesses the union, which is marriage. She honors girls who treasure the same principle.

I applaud her actually. She's in the limelight with loads of temptations yet she could afford to think like that. Bravo. It also helps that a lot of former teen stars kind of did stupid things and scared younger stars from following it. I kind of assume that Miley Cyrus' generation is more aware and cautious about handling hormones in their restricted and pressure cooker environment. But then again, people might be forgetting that she's only 15. She has so many things to experience and think that may change the course of her life.

I'm not saying that she won't keep the purity ring, but it's more of accepting the fact that she is a strong individual and certain things could change. She's only 15. Honesty and Environment are still pure. She has lots of racy years to go through. Honesty on a certain issue can be affected by the situation at hand. Well I hope that when the time comes when the purity ring doesn't work anymore, it's okay to know that her perceptions may have changed and she's honest enough to accept that fact in life.

No comments: