Friday, July 11, 2008

I see signs...the second time around

I think I might be going on a looming vacation again this year. I can feel and see the signs creeping up to me, and when I see them, it's just a matter of execution.

Well it's not that I actually fear it, maybe I haven't realized the gravity or there's really no grave reason to fear in the first place. I've done this before, practically spent my hard earned money for a much needed vacation that lasted roughly 6 months. I had fun and did what I needed to do to recuperate. I even had a conversation with a Citibank executive this year. I shared with him my first experience of taking a sabbatical from work at my early 20's. He even mentioned that I should've taken a year off. Well at the back of my mind there's a huge difference. He is a millionaire, whereas I'm still finding ways to get to it. He can afford it whereas I had to end my fairytale as soon as possible.

Now I'm again envisioning myself in a park trying to ask philosophical questions that end up with another round of philosophical complications. I can't avoid these questions. It's a start in the recuperating and healing process. It doesn't exactly give a specific solution, but it soothes and clears the senses nonetheless. I think I might be doing that for the next couple of weeks and let's just see what my soul searching could come up with.



Perfect representation by K. Malevich "The Unemployed girl" Oil in Canvas.1904. The Russian Museum St. Petersburg

No comments: