Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Not-So-Cheeky day

I'm really not feeling cheeky today, which made me skip work in the morning. As I read the usual news and blogs online, the topics and letters just flew to my mental black hole. I couldn't find that spark to get excited for the day. Maybe this is just one of those days that you just have to get by. I know them so well. It usually happens when I've had a couple of good, exciting and loving days spent when out of nowhere, POOF, KAPOW, something or someone makes it all go wrong. I used to think it was unfair, but being mature about it, I kind of accepted that it might fulfill the Yin and Yang of life. As crazy as it seems, there are times that I'd actually worry about an impending BAD DAY, when I'm experiencing too many happy days. Or if I laugh and crack like crazy, I wouldn't be surprised if I would be pissed or howling the next.

That's why I feel that there's a legitimate excuse when one's pissed off because there's an explanation to it. "It's just one of those bad days." There are times when I rub people the wrong way and I feel that I couldn't bear seeing anyone at that moment. I couldn't write, read nor think straight. I couldn't sit still and there's a need for a change of scenery. It might be caused by the alignment of planets, the events that had transpired a day ago or whether I woke up in the wrong side of the bed. I've accepted early on that there are days that aren't mine to enjoy with. But once you've experienced it, it's hell and the bad part is there's really nothing you could do about it. It's not something methodologically explained, but there's a certain level of understanding when one says "I'm just having a bad day." It's a good cue to back off. Just like having an excuse for appeasing a cranky girlfriend because of her PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome), I guess this "one of those days explanation" has some merit of truth to it. I just know, and it's not some explanation to be taken for granted.

No comments: