Monday, June 23, 2008

Bills. Bills. Bills.

I will just share that I've paid three major bills all in one day. That in itself will leave me paralyzed for months...well, not exactly, but you get the picture. In short, this will be my feel good blog to soothe my financial unrest.

Mind you, all those bills are for a good cause.


The first bill that I had to settle comes in twice a year. This bill requires a sufficient amount of money(well, this particular insurance it is). It's a special Quantum insurance which I started when I was 20 years old. This is my fourth year and I can't wait to finish it on the fifth year. After that, I would gladly scratch it off my list and just pray I won't have any incidents to use it. If I'm that lucky, I could just completely forget about it and get surprised when I reach 40. To tell you the truth, at first I didn't give an F about insurances. I have my own savings. I have a job. I have benefits from work, why would I need another set of insurance? Why would I allot a large chunk of my money for something I couldn't actually see or benefit from for years to come. What's the use anyways? Answer is, PATIENCE and THINK LONG TERM.

Nowadays security in any form is a treasure in itself. Yes, you may have a steady source of income and you're practically happy and healthy, but you will never know the future. It's best that you prepare for every possible scenario, and this doesn't mean that to maximize it, something should happen to you. Think of it as a great investment. My dad would always commend me for starting a personal insurance this young. As long as I'm earning for myself and really didn't have any burdensome responsibilities, like supporting a family, might as well put my money to good use. It's kind of weird and hard to let go of that large chunk of cash most especially if you can be able to use that to host a party, to shop non stop, pay for a much needed vacation or a plane ticket! But those are temporary highs anyways, and those could be saved to a minimum. But the Insurance's security makes you protected and empowered. It's money put to good use.

Second liability is of course the whopping Credit Card Bills. Where do I start? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a compulsive shopper. I don't shop, actually. I just shop for major things such as plane tickets and art books. I use it sometimes for dining out and eating out for easy accounting. Practically, that's it. My dad actually could easily point out my credit card bills against my sister's. My sister's purchases are far too many, but with minimum amounts. But mine just includes a couple of items with big amounts. Have mercy! But one thing that I can say I'm proud of is that I never shop or purchase an item I cannot actually pay in the future. So what's the problem? Credits cards are meant to be like that anyways! Well, It's just the thought of having a credit card gives you a swift amnesia, until the bill arrives. What happens is, you enjoy the purchase immediately, the happy hormones make you high, you tend to forget the purchase, your resources remain untouched...UNTIL the BILL ARRIVES. It's a loud thud in the ground.

Third major liability is the monthly phone bill. I like the convenience of texting, but I'm more of a caller. So you could just imagine how I squeeze my Sun Load to a maximum and abuse my Globe phone, nevertheless everything is handled and totally in control. It's painful, but I'm still in control.

So, there you go, three major bills for one day and I'm feeling quite good. Quirky, but good. I've settled what I needed to settle (thank God). I've accomplished my responsibilities on time and I've managed to settle on BILLS. BILLS. BILLS, which are modern spirits with unfinished business on paper.

No comments: