Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Daily Morning Doze

Back to work, people! Only that I'm not trotting down my ass at the office today because of the subtle orchestration of a disease called urticaria. It's not fatal, painful or anything, it's just a massive effort and frustration to deal with that the only remedy is to sit back, relax and enjoy the full blast of air conditioning. My officemates were kind enough to understand though. I sent them pictures as their breakfast images at work. He-he.


So, despite the unnatural color of my skin right now, my brain and my spirit remain the same. I still get my daily doze of morning news and get to respond to my emails. I make sure that I do something productive as much as possible.

So I was browsing through the online news channel and I'm seeing devastating headlines as usual.

1. World Food Prices up in 60% in last two years (manilatimes) due to slow production and rising demand of consumers. Why you say? Complacency, lack in proper prioritizing and ineffective production management to name a few.

2. Associated Press reports that major retail stores and fast food chains in the West have halted sales of some raw tomatoes as one of the accused source of a multi-state salmonella food outbreak.

3. There are still rising complaints of consumers versus telcos, and it doesn't go down every year.

4. Oil Prices have gone up again. The i-told-you-1.50 pesos-increase-per week-post I did earlier, really slaps you hard in reality. Oil barrel is looming at USD 140 a barrel, and we're barely halfway through the year. Yikes. Where are the alternative energies, again?

Oh the daily usual.

It's not as I'm still surprised or anything. Continuous dismay may often lead to numbness.

No comments: