Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Smart Car, I love!

My dad is going to sell one of his older cars that frankly suck at effective gas usage. Since that car is with him more than five years already (a cue for him to get rid of it), with pending maintenance repairs on the side, plus the constant rise of gas prices; we felt that it's really about time to welcome a shift.

Since my dad would soon be retiring, he wouldn't need a gas guzzling business car anymore. He would just be happily picking up my brother from school, going mall hopping which he loves and going to golf courses whenever he pleases. He has fully decided to become a bum, which he so rightfully deserves. And the First step he made was to decide to sell this one particular German car of his and just focus on his other American guzzling car, which he still loves. So, he was pondering on buying another car which we can use, which I can use...hopefully, fingers crossed.






Anyways, we were coursing through this upscale village this morning after dropping off my brother to school, when a breathtaking, amusingly unique car passed by in front of us. I am familiar with this car. I've seen it on tv; yet seeing it in the Philippines might be some sort of an apparition. Cupid has struck me. I think I'm in love!

Apparently, what I saw was no apparition! It is unique and very small, yet bursts with life and character...and did I mention damn economical?

It's the famed SMART CAR, folks, which I'm slowly falling in love with.

Smart Cars are small compact cars with Artificial Intelligent Functionality. It's very popular in Europe like in Germany and France because they are very particular in making parking easier. Plus, it's the best car if you want to conserve gas money or just be noble to conserve the earth's energy.








Demand all over the world is escalating! Even in the States, where people perceive BIG is equal to MORE POWER, is beginning to see the different light. According to Michelle Griego, reporting for CBS Denver, these smart cars are selling like HOTCAKES. You would have to get listed and wait for a couple of months for your order to come through. It's so in demand.

Why? Because it's cute and modern. It's unique and the interior is comfortable, although people used to SUVs and sedans, will have a harder time getting used to the smaller space. Most importantly, it's economical. States and the Philippines have the same preference and mentality when it comes to cars and gadgets.We'd always think Big is always better. We like Sedans and SUVs more compared to what our European and other asian counterparts like. Yet when you think about it, "In an SUV, a gallon takes you 15 miles. For this smart car, it gets you to a whopping 40." That's empowerment and being smarter.

It is the perfect car for individuals, singles and students who would want to save up on gas and save earth at the same time, while looking chic, modern and cute! Of course, there are some certain things you would consider. There are safety issues when it comes to the car's body strength in facing collisions. Also, one of the main factors to consider with this car is the leg room and comfort. In terms of the functionality, probably Smart Cars are really smart, but how about the comfort and safety which are just equally important?

According to the Denver report, based from consumers, it is quite small, yet equally comfortable. It's not really bone-breaking to drive as people perceive it to be because of its exterior size. Comfort is achieved, although passenger count is very limited. In terms of safety, according to the reports, some parts are plastic, but the parts that really matter are strengthened magnificently with triple reinforced steel. The smart car has passed the recent crash test in Insurance Institute of Highway Safety with flying colors. Thanks to those four air bags.

In the US, there's a SMARTUSA site, a dealer of smart cars that imposes an encouraging 99 Dollars reservation program, and it costs at around 13,000-19,000 USD depending on which model or car features the client would choose. Again, it's all about matching it to your needs and your lifestyle.



***********This green and silver I LIKE!! I WANT!! Isn't this cutie to die for????



Actually, I kind of surprised myself since I'm really known to prefer driving SUVs, but preference has got nothing to do with economical spending now. I've already shifted to the thinking of Europeans and other economical Asian states like Japan and Taiwan. Mitch would always point out before that my penchant for large, backbreaking laptops is pointless since everything's going smaller and powerful now. He would always adapt the thinking of Japanese. (Now, I've changed my mind. Thanks, Mitch for the IBM blog notebook in the near future by the way! he-he)

This car is not for everyone obviously, but in this youth-oriented nation with very small streets, heavy gas and heavy traffic, this car might have a huge market. Image wise, I'm digging the unique and cute look of the car. And I think my particularities for comfort and function will be met. I'm not an adrenalin driver either, that's why driving V6 engines for me, really doesn't matter that much. I just need a reliable, economical and comfortable car to bring me to places without the hassle of parking and limited travel time. Lifestyle wise, these types of cars are perfect for me. (I think I'm seeing myself in Andry Totou's shoes when she was driving this smart car backwards in the Parisian streets in the movie Davinci Code Ha-ha! Giggle giggle giggle)

I saw one inside the village this morning, it was green and silver.

After a few minutes of nursing my fantasies, and talking about to my dad about his preferred Cherry car, we saw another one again near the village exit! This time it was blue! Gosh, where did they get those? I want to know, because I think I'm in LOVE!


Site references: http://www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/userimages/2007/08/electric-and-hybrid-smart-cars-fuel-efficiency-gone-mad.jpg
http://thehumansaredead.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/smart-car.jpg
http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2005/05/31/109354.1-lg.jpg

No comments: