Thursday, June 5, 2008

Reminisce on Chocolates

I'm reminiscing!

I've watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (The original Gene Wilder version) ever since I was a kid! I watched it in the Laser Disc era! I would rent it again and again and endure my father's expression of disbelief everytime I would insert the disc in his own pile at the rental check out counter. He once tried to watch the movie with me to see what the fuss was all about, but the opening credits said it all. Chocolate displays in all shapes and sizes wherein detailed process of making chocolate is seen upclose. I think finally my dad got the point. He left just before the first scene started and never asked me about it again.

Sorry, I love the Johnny Depp version of Willy Wonka. God knows I adore Tim Burton films, but I still prefer the older one. It reminds me of happier times with all the authentic chocolate goodness of it all.



One of my favorite scenes there is when the kids would go to the Candy Shop after school. The candy man, extremely dressed the part, would offer them different chocolates neatly arranged in bars and in jars! The store is old, yet homey. Authentic yet accessible to all. I wonder what anti-ant control methods he uses. Although I fully understand why they can't have that sort of display here, the chocolate would melt on the spot and it would increase the already gamut of diabetics in the nation.

Thank god for dessert stations like, to name a few, Icebergs, Candy Corners, Tsokolate and recently FIC Ice Cream bar to authentically concentrate on most favorite desserts of all time. For diabetics, need not fear, Sugarnot is here! A haven for sugar free desserts of all kinds!
I also heard that favorite chocolate products such as M&M's and Kisses already have their sugarfree variations! Chocolate and dessert loving for everyone!

What if the world gets rid of bars and pubs and replace it with giant chocolate shop factory or bar, or some ice cream bars like what FIC did? IT invokes childhood and good mood, no BS! Imagine, Candy man singing to you when you're down and stressed in your work...
"Who can make the sunrise? Sprinkle it with dew? Cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two?" Then you would say..."THE CANDYMAN!" Or if you're stressed with the rising food prices and need to pat yourself at the back, go to the authentic candystore and get loads of cocoa fixing that you can while singing "the candyman." NOW that would be a freaky sight! Imagine everyone to be hyper? I'm afraid there's a major disadvantage at that, but of course everything's just imagined. I'm not holding my breath for something like this to happen in my lifetime.

Well, Enough of reminiscing.

Now I'm CRAVING!




No comments: