Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday Night Variety

Mitch told me sometime last week that I had to block off my Saturday because we were invited to an MOS event somewhere in Makati. MOS? Ah, Ministry of Sound. It took me at least a minute to register what MOS means and what the event entails. Excuse the ignorance, but this is practically an uncharted territory for me. I was only duly exposed to these events by Mitch, but that just usually happens once or twice a year. I do have my limits.

I first asked if it's free because I'm just a cheapskate when it comes to these things. It's not something I would shell out a couple of hundred bucks for. A Ganache, dark chocolate cake made from Exotic cocoa beans from Brazil that could shoot up to a thousand bucks, I would, in a snap, buy. But a ticket to these things that costs too much, I'll make a raincheck.

But since a partyphile-friend source of ours confirmed that it's free, courtesy of a chica they met in bora last summer, I conceded. This means another rummaging session through my cabinet for something to wear because flipflops, an artwork shirt and jeans just won't do. I don't dress flashy, but I do tend to keep it appropriate...somehow. So, I got an old purple cotton dress that I got for 50% off and a flat semi-flip flop sandals with a ruby. Problem solved, onto life. Then they told me that the party has a theme and everyone should be dressed in white. Okay, what's the worst thing that they can do? Forbid me to enter and witness the sensation of MOS? But fine, for the sense of much needed "conformity", I bought a white CHUK CHAK I saw at the mall this afternoon; and borrowed a white comfortable shoes from my sister. But I still kept the dark purple dress. I don't need the added stress.

Now here I am blogging before we actually depart for MOS at Avenue A. No expectations, just clean fun with friends and Mitch. And did I mention that it's drizzling outside? I could've been at home watching Death Note series or just watching WANTED and "observe" Angelina Jolie. But then again, there's nothing wrong with trying other stuff once in a while, as long as I know what I'm getting myself into.

No comments: