Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Haha, Funny Airline Incident

This news just came in.

My colleague Rye just came back from Boracay yesterday and yes, he's still alive, all in one piece! (Just Kidding, well semi)

He just survived his first airplane ride under the propeller-powered wings of Asian Spirit. Actually, Asian Spirit wasn't bad. They were there for us when Cebu Pacific screwed up big time on our last Boracay Trip. But I must admit I rode the Asian Spirit Jet and not the propeller plane, which garnered so much negative, funny to scary feedbacks from passengers. Asian Spirit Jet was flawless in their operations and landing. It has a very spacious cabin and airconditioning's a-okay. I would opt to ride it again, but it seems the negative feedbacks are coming from the much older, smaller models.

Here are some observations that I remember hearing or reading on the net about Asian Spirit (particularly the propeller one, I guess) Laugh or take note, it's up to you.


1. I heard from this famous Disc Jockey that he was seated next to the window and rain from outside would be sprayed at him. He was not exaggerating.

2. Also from him, he mentioned that the fixtures or the windows were held together by a duct tape. Yikes, quick fix.

3. Out of some conversations I've had with friend-travelers, they were saying the aircraft is equal to 45 mins to one hour roller coaster ride

4. According to Rye on his recent trip to Boracay, one seat, apparently taken by a foreigner woman, has NO SEATBELT! Imagine that on an airplane!

5. Air conditioners of the planes are quite similar to those found in any normal cars.

6. The upholstery and walls are naninilaw with stains. (YELLOWISH with Water stains)

7. Landings are often death defying experiences because of the feel that the aircraft might just fall apart there and then.

8. Flight attendants in the aircraft are just....no comment. (ha-ha)


Those are just few comments of what I've heard or read with regards to Asian Spirit. I cannot personally comment on those since I've only ridden the aircraft once. Yes, the structure might be a little bit outdated, but it's really nothing to squirm about. The flight attendants are presentable, but in terms of beauty rating, I think it's always in the eye of the beholder. I couldn't care less, personally. As long as the aircraft is cool, can bring me to my destination in one piece, and certainly not held together by duct tape, then that's fine for me.


Yung sinasabi nila na (If what they're saying) na Flying Asian Spirit will make you a Spirit, I think it's an exaggeration. Theirs is a legitimate business and they offer much cheaper rates to get you to your destination, so don't expect a replica of world class Singapore Airlines interior. I'm sure their main concern is the passengers' safety, value for their money and fast airline traffic operations. Although, I admit that the seatbelt part and the duct tape really freaked me out.

On the more positive side, since they have merged with Seair, bought by and managed by the owner of Zesto drinks, free Zestos are given during the trip.

Happy Flying

No comments: