Thursday, August 14, 2008

Countdown to work Part 2

After my first post, I did sleep for four straight hours. Seeing the gloomy sky made it hard for me to do something strenuous, so I read a few chapters of a novel then went down to the living room and skimmed through DVD titles that I could watch. I picked Mike Nichols' 80's film starring Harrison Ford and Melanie Griffith, The Working Girls, possibly a way to give me a head start. I've always loved this movie and I find the fairytale nature of it done in cutthroat corporate arena very enticing. Classic, but that arena (Wallstreet) is in slumps now. So I think being in Tess McGill's shoes at a time like this seems very daunting. That's all I can say or expound on. I'm not supposed to think about work today, not yet, which leads me to the observation that writing isn't really coming naturally today. I know I have a few opinions building up, but I think I'll just reserve everything for tomorrow. As my friend AJ mentioned awhile ago while we were helping Bags to relocate to her new home, today is a rest day, well definitely even for writing.

No comments: