Thursday, August 14, 2008

Countdown to Work Part 1

I woke up early...again. I appreciate that my body clock is preparing me for work, but I really appreciate it if it could just allow me to get through 6 hours of sleep. This might be my last days of undeterred sleep wherein I wouldn't wake up faced with deadlines, traffic and time constraints. But my body wouldn't cooperate.

In my favorite pajamas, I got my hassle-hoff, hideously mountainous requirements and started to do some paperwork. I arranged salient documents that cover my professional existence and I was immersed at getting these things done before lunch. I got my pictures, glue, giant paper clips and heaps of folder I'm required to read and sign. My fingers hurt for filling up so many different forms while my eyes and mind are pretty much bored and exhausted by reading technical and uninteresting contracts that my position has to UNDERSTAND and COMPLY with. Sometimes it's kind of annoying that contracts think of every possible glitch they could write up to make you accountable. It's worse if you have a bigger chunk of responsibility. Double up the contracts for you.

For now, I'm not going to talk about my looming, exciting, rewarding and challenging work. As much as I'm excited and honored by my new position, I can't explain it still. I still have to see my ergo-chair first before actually writing about the vibe. 5 more days are what I have to relax and that means to not think about anything work related (I'd have more time for that soon) and just sleep, eat, sleep. Live a BUM's life in 5 DAYS? Easy.

No comments: