Friday, August 1, 2008

Is this the new Jeans trend?

I've been reading the juiciest sites ever by Perezhilton and Gofugyourself. They have wit and flair, I'll give them that. But this post is not particularly about their blogs, but it's about what I've noticed so far in the business of "jeans revolution." For a non-fashion expert, most certainly that's me, I still have my jeans that I've worn since I was in late high school. Majority of which is on the hip-flare style. I have a couple of good khakis and straight cut faded ones still waiting to be used, whereas I totally disposed the "elephant-jeans," if you still remember them. Those which took "Flares" to a wide extreme; and thank god Bastons didn't greatly resurrect.


*More of like Katie Holmes when she was still pre-Mrs. Cruise.



And nope, I do not own any recent skinny jeans because everytime I look at it, it makes me think of compressed suman even if I don't eat suman. And I do not like clingy material that ends up on your ankles, I'm sorry. I haven't bought jeans in over a year and probably I should at this time, only that I have to lose weight a bit to get back to my regular, convenient size.

But as I was googling, I saw these recent shots of celebrities sporting a new jeans look, courtesy of course by GoFugyourself and PerezHilton. This stirred up mixed feelings in me. I know we've had capris, but I guess this look is intended for denim first. It's casual with massive feet exposure, which is nice. And I also think it to be smarter by not entirely suggesting to buy a new pair. One just has to fold an old pair of jeans until mid-calf and voila, the new look.



I don't know if this look is already out in the market, if ever it is, forgive my ignorance. I just want to say that I'm interested to know if it will actually hit the market, another trend for jeans. Use it or ignore it, it's entirely up to you.


Pix Source:
Perezhilton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually this "pegging" of one's jeans was quite popular in the 80's. This look is just sans frilly socks and stilettos. And, though no offense because to each their own, I am not a fan.