Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy August 1st

A loved one reminded me that today is August 1st, not that August is an extra special month, but he was more referring to date 1. To divulge the specific month, which day 1 is concerned, would just result to semi-unbelief and hysteria from those people who really know me and say "Ha! It's so her, I dare not to be surprised!"

But to all of you, Happy August 1st! Can you actually believe we're starting off another month again? We're already on the second half of the year, but I can still vividly remember what I ate for last year's Noche Buena (Christmas Eve Dinner). This month usually just passes by, but it I think for this year it would be my busiest and life changing ever.

Well to start it off I have two consecutive weddings to attend to this month and they're not just simple weddings that I could just result by requesting for a proxy. These will be weddings of my two very special friends that really know me and most definitely I cannot say no to. My avant garde French-Fil fabulous friend Leslie will be married this weekend at romantic Tagaytay while my trusted and bestfriend Je will be married at Brittany Bay next week. I think I might have a slight reality check and anxiety. In the middle of those two weddings my brother's having his 12th birthday, a birthday before completely losing himself to his teen hormones, which garners for a celebration. Lastly, at the end of August I have a birthday party to attend to for my first "inaanak," Juan Alejandro.

Professionally speaking, this month would be a transition of sorts. It would be my last day at work at my current job and it would be the start of a new life at a much bigger organization. Fear is already at the bottom of the pit as I'm excited as hell! As rain and more gloomy days kept shouldering the events as they transpire.

As I ponder about it, one more month and we're officially stepping at the first BER month. Prepare yourselves to hear Christmas Jingles and enter the world of Christmas rush and anxieties. Here in the Philippines at least, we take September as the start of Christmas season, which roughly ends at around February of the following year. We have roughly six months to recuperate before the whole cycle starts again. I don't think that's enough for me, but I have one whole month to psyche myself to prepare. But with all these things lined up, the season of festiveness would be heightened more than ever. I don't think I'd ever get off.

Anyways, Cheers to a Smashing August!

No comments: