Monday, August 11, 2008

Invisibility now a Possibility

How nice it is to become invisible? I'm not referring to an emotional feeling of lack in value and presence in society. I meant the power of actual invisibility. When I was still in my teeny bopper years and Charmed was aired in this country, I played in my mind which powers I'd like to have. Aside from Linka's (Captain Planet) power of Wind, I only liked two other powers: To be invisible or To stop time.

Just imagine. If I were invisible I could get to travel to places without a need for a visa a passport or a plane ticket. I could watch movies without paying for tickets. I could even be used as a tactical spy and hold loads of salient information without getting killed, since I have the power to become invisible in the first place. I could uncover the lying bastards in this world and punish them in a comical sense like maybe...spook them. But granted that my clothes are going to be made invisible as well. I'd hate to have an invisibility glitch and find me being stark naked in public.

The last cinematic attempt to use invisibility is through Harry Potter's invisibility cloak, but the premise is done in Hogwarts, not really a possible setting to begin with. But the brilliant scientists of today has formulated this into a reality.

Scientists are now closer to producing a tool for invisibility with the use of Metamaterials. Naturally, this will be kept in a hush setting until authorities may be able to disseminate it for proper use, which usually starts with a military interest.

Or any other interests like mine, continue to dream on.

No comments: