Monday, August 25, 2008

Ending to Today

Morning started rough, but everything fell into place eventually. Mitch and I went to Fort to accomplish our remaining errands as I happily ended up in a Japanese Home Store where almost everything costs 88 bucks. I got things that I really need, but eventually got amazed and started getting things that I THINK I need. Mitch noticed the wrappings beside the Lord Stow's egg tart and some knick knacks that I bought for him. He snickered. I didn't know it was actually "Japanese Junk," I'd prefer to call it surplus...workable and dignified surplus that are very cheap and usable. Nothing's wrong with that.

Anyways, after dropping off my bags where Mitch was busy doing his post processing, I quickly went to Fully Booked to get two copies of New Moon and Eclipse of the Twilight Series. I was dismayed at first when I saw that Fully Booked only has the New Moon copy on Hard Bound, which costs twice the price of the paperback copy. Being pragmatic even in books, I had second thoughts of getting it. But luckily, I saw one misplaced New Moon Paperback cover at the edge of the Eclipse section. It was waiting for me all along. But as some women and teens started to flock towards the displays, and one woman eyed me mischievously, I quickly grabbed the New Moon paper back copy, got an Eclipse copy and checked out. Mitch, upon seeing me with two copies, was dismayed and vowed to get the last one. Since I only needed two days maximum to read a book that highly interests me, I think he would be able to get me that copy on Saturday. Snicker here, Snicker there.



Ended up spending night with the boys at the SERNA household, with both SERNAs present. Had dinner at Sinangag Express, where I consumed a cup and half of rice. I know, right? For dinner, that's sinful. But the continuous walking and stressful morning burned all energy reservoir. Who says I'm done? Now, time to hit Tita Bautista's homemade apple cheese pie for midnight dessert. YUM...MMMYY.



*TO order this LUSCIOUS and very very YUMMY Homemade Apple Pie, you may visit Java Man or message me here. (Philippines only)

No comments: