Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympian QuickSilvers...in gold

I was sharing with a friend earlier about my views on a particular part of the 2008 Beijing Olymics Opening ceremony wherein I saw two immaculately muscular, tout, golden guys performing amazing acrobatic stunts, mimicking the discipline, dedication and the demands of grueling physical requirements and performance of an Olympian. Sometimes we forget that in Olympics, it's not merely a simple show or a venue for international competition to achieve glory and recognition for a specific country. Olympics is a part of a celebrated history that gives importance and continuous challenge to the human body, spirit and mind. Not all athletes can be considered Olympians. It sets the bar higher, them being the master of their respective athletic fields. A lot of respect and honor should be brought to them.

And speaking of respect and honor, going back to those two amazing acrobatic guys, who simply took my breath away, I offer them praises. To be able to do what they did, I assume they must have the training, interest, master of discipline and profound abilities of a gymnast, a body builder, a dancer and a quasi-mutant that can withstand painful muscle cramps and discomforts. They seem ethereal and out of this world. They signify the powers of the human body beyond imagination. They showcased discipline not to curse and give in to the pain. The laws of gravity and automatic perceptions are bended in such a way they make the show so effortless and priceless. They're simply amazing.

They remind me of twin Quicksilvers, only in gold. And I'm pretty sure they weigh more than I do, but I sure hell couldn't use someone's head as a foundation of my upside down pose...only using one of my hands, my body painted in gold and wearing only an underwear.
Perhaps if I weigh no more than a mouse with some harness attached, then there's a possibility. But at this rate, even that is impossible.

No comments: