Monday, August 4, 2008

That dream on the 2nd sleep

I slept without any dreams last night. I guess I was too tired to even generate one. Although I have to admit that "today" started late. I woke up at 9, had breakfast at 9:30, had a morning call with a loved one and kind of slept again till lunch. Now this was the time when I was lying in our living room sofa trying to read a chapter of Iain Pears' An Instance at the Fingerpost (I know this is good, but it's an effort), when I started dreaming.

You know how dreams are so vivid when you're asleep, but after just a few seconds of waking up and recollecting reality, you couldn't remember them anymore? You only remember fragments of it and in some weird cases you remember nothing at all.

To be honest, I couldn't remember my whole dream. I only remember a scene where I was seated at the passenger seat of a moving car (for the benefit of analyzing, it's a sedan). We're driving on a two lane highway and it was very cold. It didn't look like the Philippines actually. It's like a scene when you're driving in a French Riviera or an Italian country from the movie scenes of "Only You." The other person was talking or singing melodiously as I looked at the window and saw fog and sea. I was holding a mug of hot coffee, but the contents didn't move despite the fact that we're mobile. I was holding it with two hands, but I couldn't feel the heat. I could've sworn I knew the person's voice, but I didn't bother to look at the face.

Then the inevitable happened, I woke up because our ecstatic maid called me for lunch. I sat and she just looked at me as if I'm possessed. I told her I wouldn't eat and would just get ready to leave for Makati. As I went upstairs, the scene in that particular dream kept replaying over and over again. I tried to analyze it the best way I could spending so many hours reading dream interpretation books in Power Books before, but apparently I need a refresher course.

Meanwhile, my sister and my mom tried to brainwash me to watch A Very Special Love with them. Well, I could've but I'm not in the mood. I'm still intrigued about my dream and I'm more inclined to sit somewhere, be isolated rather than be drowned in a kilig joyride.

Maybe on Friday.

PS: If anyone could analyze the dream, I'd like to give it a shot

No comments: