Saturday, August 16, 2008

Friday Notes: New home and Airport Edition

Yesterday was pretty spontaneous and packed. I spent the whole day with my mom and brother mall hopping; and being able to display my weird traits to Mitch's parents, who saw me in the household section of a department store. After tiring myself out, I went home to get a quick nap, for about 30 minutes, and went to Bags' newly renovated house within the village.

Upon arrival, I saw a HUGE haul truck and their garage overflowing with stuff. I saw a typewriter, a couple of unused monitors, a couple of unused printers, sofa's, trophies, containers, shoes, clothes and other thingamajics (boxes full of stuff) that haven't been used for a very long time. As I ahem..helped...to unload a few stuff, I never really realized that unloading them, sifting through things, and possibly molding them to your new home, is a hard and stressful event. You want stress and instant exercise? Move to a new house. That's why there is a point to sell everything before moving. There is an actual point to this, especially if you're not a sentimental folk. It's harder to move things and force them to harmonize to the new surroundings compared to just using the money to buy new stuff. Others might want to hire professional help, but I don't think there's a certain agency that specializes in arranging appliances and household furniture. The closest thing you've got is the "Lipat-bahay" service to unload some stuff. But in terms of decorating, it's always going to be the resident's call anyways. The resident just has to be there, and a certain level of trust should be exemplary if you allow other people to help you with the process (usually with relatives and close friends). One major way for the resident to not worry about small things and actually be absent in the whole process, is what AJ suggested, to contact Extreme Makeover in Lifestyle channel. They destroy the house. They make it way better. And they provide appliances and furnitures for it. Wonderful. You can start your life all over again in a newly renovated and loaded house. Other than that, you face the stress.

Bags' condition was pretty evident at that time. She was close to hallucinating from being tired for thinking about where to put things, the other things that have yet to be fetched to their old home, their resources and money and most especially getting all the essentials settled. She swears she would eventually dispose stuff and initiate a garage sale. Hmm..I have a couple of things that I'm interested in already. I'm eyeing those boxes of books and that particular typewriter...well just because I'm feeling vintage.

After being the first official one to "hangout" in her new house, I drove to the airport to pick up Mitch who finally came home from a full week of jetsetting. I missed this guy very much and he knew I was in good hands with the Sun Valley people, being too "palaboy" for my taste, now my main agenda is back. Craving for pizza, we went to Shakeys and munched those mojo's and thin crust. A Wonderful end to a spontaneous night. This is a promising weekend.

No comments: