Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Last Song Syndrome: Britney

As I was preparing to take a bath this song of Britney's played in the background:

RADAR

"...And If I notice you, I know it's you
Choosing, don't wanna losing you
On my radar, on my radar.."
(Imagine that with the Britney Bo-Pek,Excuse the lack of a better term)


I'll give it an A+ for damaging my concentration as I just managed to listen to the whole song. It also scored high because the melody is easily remembered and catchy. But, didn't Britney ever grow up?

The song was catchy to a point of being categorized as a teeny-tots kind of music. It's not a music that would come from a grown woman, let's say a mother of two who already had a series of court battles and mishaps. I was expecting something more mature, even if that maturity springs from seductive music where she couldn't be mistaken as a virgin anymore. That I could make it pass, but a teeny tots sound like this? Miley Cyrus' singles are far edgier.

But it surely goes up the charts. Maybe Britney is designed to produce songs like that. It made her popular and it's her music "niche." Nobody ever has to tell her she has to grow up. Maybe the radar of maturity hasn't reached her yet.

No comments: