Thursday, August 7, 2008

Shoe Shopping and Corporate Diablos

Last Tuesday I went shoe shopping for Je's wedding this weekend. If I have to remind the world again, shopping is definitely not my element. I do not like to shop and I see shopping very exhausting. I only endure "shopping" with books, grocery items, DVDS and appliances. Unfortunately, that's it.

I have to say, based on personal experience, one of the hardest items for girls to buy (aside from dresses and pants) are shoes. I have observed and known for quite some time that buying a particular pair of shoes that you like out of the blue is quite different from buying shoes when you have a particular purpose. Whenever you don't plan to buy shoes you see lots of options from different stores, but if you are really "tasked" to buy a "specific" shoe, you'd have to endure feet trauma before you find them. Double the effort for me since I'm on a budget and I don't have a specific shoe store in mind.

The goal was to find a comfortable, affordable, durable, silver pair of wedding shoes. And since this is not really my genre when it comes to shoes, the budget and scrutiny were heightened.

My first task was to go to independent shoe shops in Glorietta. But one look, less than 3 minutes, I'm out. The second task was to surrender to looking at expensive brands of shoes. I saw one at Nine West, but it beats my budget, thrice. So out I went. I also went to Cinderella. I managed to try a few, but I still had doubts. There's something wrong with something. I'm feeling frustrated than ever, but I knew I had one more option. I went to the store the bride, my mother and my friends recommended. The Landmark. Apparently, if I can't find what I'm looking for there, then I should might as well quit looking.


*Exhausted...too many shoes...

You see, Landmark's always been my savior and at this point, did it again. After 1 hour and 15 minutes, I saw a particular grayish-silver pair at Finickee (where the bride also got her shoes) and knew it was IT. I got the right size, felt the wave of accomplishment, texted the bride and realized that it was off by 10%. Actually I did better than the intended budget.

I'm sure by this time you already know this. I'm recommending Landmark.

After that, I went to get a taxi to meet Mitch at the Fort, but at that time I was damn tired and I haven't eaten my lunch. Craving hit high speed and it screamed Chinese. So, I went to Hap Chan Market Market and stuffed myself silly.


*It's slightly cheaper than Luk Yuen, but if you're a fan of Luk Yuen, this is a better alternative.



At around 6, Paolo initiated for Mitch and I to hang out at Starbucks Makati. But first stop, we enjoyed the Roast Chicken Bugong Experience near my previous office. At Starbucks however, these Strictly Corporate dudes slowly got immersed in a world full of "Gems" "Necromancer" and "Monsters." With their Macs and obsession, they connected and played Diablo II. Hearing them talk to each other while glued at their Macs...

"Nakuha mo na ba yung gems?"
"Level-Up!"
"Asan ka ba, namamatay nako!"

..While dressed in corporate attires, images not really fresh from college, and at Starbucks, of course, was damn hilarious.


*Enjoy na enjoy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

ive done something here to have you a few cents!

Anonymous said...

im here because of few cents for you. just dropping by.

Anonymous said...

well its nice to know that you have great hits here.

Anonymous said...

help me.

Anonymous said...

when will you go online?

Anonymous said...

im here because of few cents for you. just dropping by.