Monday, August 11, 2008

Natural Dislike is Natural

I was talking to a friend earlier, as in really early, while we were discussing our posts in multiply. She thinks I might seem to be one of the most "aloof" "cold" people she has ever met, but she wouldn't worry a single day about me because I've always been sensible, has a good sense of morals and magnificently has lack of "emotional garbage." My parents thought that even my younger sister was the "panganay" just because I got on life completely satisfied and independent. Get this, I even learned whatever I needed to learn in terms of puberty care of Mila Javovich of the Return to the Blue Lagoon. I didn't have to burden my parents with awkwardness. You see, I've learned early on about security, independence, confidence, morals and even different avenues of happiness as soon as learned my ABCs. I'm not the type to receive any worries nor lectures. I can't say that for anyone else though.

This friend of mine shared how happy she was I was able to survive the "love bug." To completely care for someone in such an elevated way seemed to be mind boggling for most of my friends. Um, I do have emotions too, right...even a little bit? I think myself capable or everything's just natural that I outdid myself. When it comes to Loathe or Hate it's a different thing. I remember this smart, quiet girl in HS, Tabby Katigbak, who is such a creative writer while excelling in Geometry as well, uttering these words. "I don't hate her, I loathe her." It cracked me up and the memory will stay with me forever. Gosh, Hate is as genuine as happiness. It's a feeling of dislike; and I'm pretty happy, confident and mature enough to recognize it for what it is. (Gosh, don't go on be the practicing guru) I'm a human after all and not a philandering mutant that disposes shit everywhere they go. It's true that I dislike some people, but that doesn't mean I don't carry on with my wonderful life. When some people have chosen to fill up the dislike spots, that doesn't mean I have to do anything about them. They're just there. Period. There is no point in being Mary Poppins about it. It's a genuine feeling, genuine as happiness. We sometimes dislike people out at random and some people have done something worthy of that dislike. I even asked this friend, who should be ordained as a nun if she dislikes people. "Isn't that natural?" she said. I often say it's a boost for creative expansion that even a deduced mortal with shrewd morals could offer one assistance in coming up of something great. Denying that a person could feel genuine dislike or hatred seem pretty offbeat and stupid.

What about care? In their dreams probably. Please, I don't have time and effort. I am capable of disliking some people, but caring about them is such a no-no and a waste. I go on with my life honestly as I could and I cannot believe how people are so affected with what I write. I cannot as much twist the truth. That is much that I care about...the truth. (Khae, these thoughts are shooting straight from the dexterities of what my brain operates on, don't be surprised if I post so much.)

Yes, I might not be the modern day Mary Poppins. I live my life in accordance to my sensible and independent pace. I value my life so much that even a pesky blogroll picture could not shake. "Keber." I dislike some people, naturally, but at least I'm honest about it and I can defend it anytime. Usually those dislikes spring from something malevolent anyways. But those people that I dislike do not even occupy much percentage in my time and brain. Heart is even irrelevant here. So, I just let them be. Read my blogs, the hell I care. "I can easily say that I like you or I dislike you." It doesn't have to be a psycho-babble or a Dr. Phil attempted show 24/7. And borrowing my friends words of wisdom: "You don't have to tell her to move on. You never do. You just find people forced to clear her way for the ramp. Evil? No, just honestly practical." Whatever that means, thanks for the attempt.

No comments: