Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Reporting

My below average lack in posting accounts for the fact that I've maximized my weekend, in a sense that I did everything that I needed to do. It wasn't the type of long weekend filled with plain gimmicks and other forms of gallivanting. It's a weekend full of accomplishing necessary errands and treasuring recommended rest that could no longer be denied.

After having a quick dinner and coffee with friends last Friday night, I devoted my time to buying shoes on Saturday, which ended up with me having a badly bruised arm, sore feet and a badly bruised credit card. Even if I have to sacrifice other time and resources spent, it was a goal which was gracefully accomplished. I am proud.

Yesterday was a different and wacky story. My cousins from the north paid us a visit and it was nothing but food galore. I was able to rest and chill for the whole day as I began my task to research on what to do for Mitch's birthday. In the evening, there was quite a "text ruckus" with the Serna brothers (my fault, but understandable :)), but wonderfully SR stepped up and allowed to be tagged along to Makati. It was a fun experience and worth the chaos. At the end, I did what I had to do and ended the day cleared and organized.

Today would sum up a different story since it would be the last day of probably the last long weekend before Christmas break. Would you believe that Halloween for this year exactly falls on a weekend? It sucks, but that's the way the calendar rolls. This day should be well planned and maximized to the full extent. And if by maximized it means you HAVE/NEED to sleep the whole day, buy a book, watch a DVD marathon, then by all means do not wait for it to be justified. Just do it.

No comments: