Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Party that Ended Well

This afternoon is all about the recounts of the wonderful party that happened last night in lieu of Mitch's birthday. All I can say is the party was great! It's exactly what I had imagined and hoped for. The service and place were fantastic and efficient. The crowd was steady. The company provided by the DT Photographers and Sun Valley Peeps was excellent. The food was plentiful and the drinks were just right.



I never believed I could pull this off actually. This may be the first time I'm hosting a simple birthday party. I had to stretch out my budget and exhaust my options. I had to pull a few strings, do some random computations and research in between work. I wanted everything to be organized and perfect to the detail, most especially I would want people to enjoy.

It also helped to know that I like parties, especially birthday ones, since I really don't get to experience that. My birthday falls on the very eve of Jesus' Birthday, which overwhelms everything. I had no qualms in that, that's why I invest all my energy to other people's celebrations. There's something special about birthday parties. You may either look at it in a more morbid perspective when you're a year older to your death, or you may look at it as a celebration of thanks that, despite what you have been doing or exposed to, you lasted this long. Sometimes we might inject the thought that birthday parties commemorate how important the person is to us. Thanking them that they have been born to this world. All of that mixed with a childlike sentimentality in a cauldron of ideas, this party eventually came to life.

I may like parties, but I've never been put to the helm of organizing it. It was stressful. You have to think of the food and get into a series of consultations with the people in terms of schedules and preferences. You have to consider everything including the parking and the coolness of the venue. It was a challenge and a project worth undertaking though. The best part of it, aside from giving Mitch a party, was actually enjoying myself and pulling it off. It's a different level of experience and learning.

But there are lots of people to thank for. I thank the impromptu photographers, the place, the servers and the guests. Almost everyone I invited came, except for AJ, who was sick at that time. I'd like to think they had fun, and I'm sure they did as long as there's good company, food and drinks. I guess in any party planning, those are the real things that you MUST consider, and everything else will simply fall into place. Just experienced it first hand.

No comments: