Sunday, October 5, 2008

10% Fiesta and 90% Sleeping

My parents woke us up at 7 to get ready for the 7:30 am mass. WTF? Are they serious? I know it's fiesta in our parish church, but seriously?

In the end...As if I could say NO! So 7:30 I went there, with my eyes squinted and my wet hair dripping in the church pew. I also have to mention that I slept through the entire homily. I'm not exactly proud of that, but I said sorry to God during communion. I was so dead tired.

After the mass, we went to the usual open space near the church where they have stalls that sell different kinds of goods. 10 years ago those stalls with sumptuous (take note of the adjective) food dominated the bazaar. 90% were food and about 10% were trinkets, bags or clothes. I remember getting stuffed with sumptuous palabok, lasagna, cheese sticks and nachos on the side. I'd even go back in the afternoons for merienda. If I would remember correctly, I'd been buying cookies from Mitch's mom ever since, but of course I haven't met him by then. But as years progressed and retail goods gained more leverage, now it's 10%, almost crappy food, to 90% of ukay-ukay, shoes and bags. There wasn't even a book bargain stall. Geez.

Some good food stalls are still missing. Mitch's mom for example was religiously showcasing her sumptuous cookies and apple dessert goodies, but with the degradation of the bazaar, she isn't spirited to do it anymore. She's been missing in action for almost 2 years. The last time I've seen her sell in the bazaar was when Mitch introduced me (all shorts and rubber shoes on a rainy day), and that was October of 2005. Fishballs, squidballs, those sumptuous siomai and that specific gulaman and kakanins are also gone.

Another disappointment for me. I ended up taking a tricycle ride home for 34 bucks when I could easily walk to my house in less than 10 minutes. Sue me for being grumpy, sleepy and lazy. I just couldn't wait for them anymore especially that today is excruciatingly hot. I bought 200 pesos worth of unworthy cupcakes and slept the whole morning. What a total human waste. Nice try bazaar, but it wasn't the same as before. And since that Multiply site is temporarily malfunctioning, I'm going to share of whatever's left productive this morning.



**That's my cousin and "fasyon" sister on their way to the bazaar. I think they're the only ones happy with whatever's presented.



**The Deathtrap

**UGH, can I just stay here??


**Me: Oh no, I think he's interested. Did you even see the interior?
Cousin: I didn't like it.
Sister: I didn't like it either. As if he's going to buy. Ganyan lang naman yan e. Pang nanay ang car. I doubt if he actually liked it.
Me: But you've got to remember the Chery Moment you had.
Sister: Oh yeah, that was scary. But dein...let's just lure him to the kakanin section.


**My teammate in this!

**THREE WORDS: Prepare for HARVEY

No comments: