Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday: Me want Chocolate

Since the dashboard I’m monitoring at work seems pretty slow, I can say I have all the time in the world. I’ve done multiple errands already and it’s still an ongoing challenge on how to fill the remaining hours. I’ve been to the clinic, been to the bank, net surfed, talked to Mitch, chatted with friends, slept, ate, read sites, books and newspapers, and now I’m taking time to blog.

With lack of things to think and do, my stomach did all the work. I immediately felt the intense craving for anything chocolate, specifically the melted ones. It may be appeased through a Hot Fudge Sundae, Brenner’s chocolate dip or chocolate soufflé, a chocolate fountain, a “microwaved” Mary Grace or Seattle’s Best Double Fudge Brownie or any melted Crunch or Yan Yan. I was so desperate that I went down and attempted to cross the other street amidst the horrible gust of wind and rain. My fading sensibility told me it would be so stupid and lacking in control on my part if I had pursued the craving and drenched myself. So, I went back to the office instead.

Feeling defeated, I’m nursing the craving until now, browsing for food blogs that feature chocolate articles. I continue to torture myself by looking at chocolate images in cakes, drinks and bars. I’m that sadistic. I’m close to paging Willy Wonka to save me. It must be the extreme weather or my pre-menstrual cycle ganging up on me. I have been transformed to a Paleolithic man chanting “I must have chocolate.” Good thing Mitch is waiting for me at Greenbelt, I may have time to secretly go to Seattle’s to get their succulent double fudge bars, microwave it at home and get submerged in Kite Runner. 1 more hour and I’m out of here on my way to chocolate orgasm. I can taste it in my mind, but for now, onto more torture.

Here are my top Chocolate goodness desserts that never fail to appease my craving.

1. POLLY'S moist chocolate cake.
2. Cuccina Gayuma's moist chocolate-coffee cake
3. Cuerva's chocolate cake
4. Mary Grace Brownies (best served when heated with vanilla ice cream on top)
5. Seattle's best double fudge brownies (thickens your throat, best served when heated with vanilla ice cream on top)
7. Hershey's smores
8. Crunch
9. Hot Truffles
10. Swiss Miss with marshmallow
11. Exotic, deadly Max Brenner's Ganache Cake (LEft me HIgh)
12 Max Brenner's Melted Souffle
13. McDonald's Fudge sundae
14. Or any melted chocolate tablet....(if so desperate)

No comments: