Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Gloomy Holiday

Oh gosh! I want MISO Soup, Luk Yuen's Lapu-Lapu Congee, steamed hakaw, Mary Grace's toasted brownies or Mango Breve. Include a mug of hot chocolate with Honey Stars.

Arggh..the weather is so perfect for a no-brainer activity. There has got to be some joy in this weather. Thanks to the other storm waiting in line. It's an automatic response of the body to stay in your pajamas, switch to DC or CN (Not news channels. It's Discovery Channel or Cartoon Network/Animax), get the comfy corner in your bed and indulge in a book or DVD marathon (Whichever comes first). The perfect thing is it's October 1st and a holiday!

Usually I'd spend this with Mitch (eating and hanging out) while going with the flow, but he has a shoot today and I'm left with my own devises. Two things I would normally do in a gloomy day like this. Option 1 is to go out, have coffee, dessert and read (the nutcase in me). Option 2 is to just stay at home and hibernate the best way I can. No brainer. But either of the two I'm freaking craving for a Congee. I'll have it no other way. At this time, needs are primitive.

No comments: