Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Thoughts

After reading a couple of twistedly sensual chapters of Sarah Dunant's novel, I'm itching to watch the move The Big Easy, which the author also mentioned in one of the book's chapters.

The Big Easy, starring Dennis Quaid and Ellen Barkin, finds ways in Entertainment features (Top Love Scenes of all Times). I've seen posters of it, but in my whole HBO expsoure, it wasn't once shown in Asia coverage. Probably the material is TOO HOT to handle, which makes it more intriguing. I remember looking for laser discs copy of it when I was a child whenever I go with my father to one of his Laser Disc Rental expeditions in Makati. I guess I simply just got distracted and totally forgot about it with all the Tom Hanks, Phoebe Cates, Al Pacino, Tim Burton movies. Geez. Of all the titles I've seen how come I haven't seen this one thing that I knew I've been itching to get my hands on. The last time I had this dilemma was the time I looked for DVD copies of Gone With The Wind to finally end my curiousity with the masterpiece...and Clark Gable of course.


Now, I'm having the DVD conundrum again. Despite HBO's Greatness, there are just some international, independent and classic movies that slip. Not anyone's fault though. It just means one thing, time to go to my DVD SUKI. Oh, by the way, consider this a double goal. I'm also itching for a copy of the movie THE WAY WE WERE.

No comments: