Thursday, October 30, 2008

For more positive outcome, give me hot choco

People who have had the opportunity and the entertainment to assess me (whether they know me or not) would instantly think that I’m a “Cold” person rather than “Warm.” I won’t even contest that. I’m far from being Ms. Congeniality. I don’t establish relationships easily and even if I do establish a deep relationship, I can’t stand being too sentimental or too mushy. My threshold is unimpressive. Also include facts that I like cool colors and I’m not a fan of heat and sun. But I think there's a work-around for this.

According to an Article in Time written by Hilary Hylton, 2 Yale educated psychologists published a study in Science Magazine that “encountering warmth or cold lights up insula, a walnut-sized section of the brain-engaged when we evaluate who we want to trust in economic transactions.” So it means to say that for example when you’re dealing with a high-end financial tax expert, you offer him coffee to make himself warmer towards you. And if you are on a sale, make sure to drink cold beverage to sharpen senses while keeping impulsivity at bay. How you react, decide or even perceive a person depends on your encounter with current temperature.

Your drink may hold instant assessments of people to develop any social interactions. A Frap may want you to be sharp, swift and straight to the point compared to drinking a Macchiatto that might want you to stay a little bit longer and fully enjoy a certain company. Drinking Iced Tea might make you consider yourself first compared to drinking a hot chocolate where you think for a friend or a loved one. Physical temperature, according to the scientists, affects behavior. “Physical warmth can make us see others as warmer people, but also cause to be warmer-more generous and trusting – as well.” So if you want to do extra preparations in social gatherings or transactions, this might be a helpful tip.

So if anyone wants to drop a bomb on me, make sure that I’m drinking coffee or hot chocolate, specifically Café Vanilla or Swiss miss with added marshmallows. Also make sure that it’s air conditioned lest my Urticaria breaks out. We need to do all necessary precautions in order to achieve possible results. Although certain levels of abuse may allow me to lend more money than intended, which I would highly discourage.

No comments: