Saturday, October 25, 2008

About Girls and a Side post abt Zoey and Katy

Girls can easily get away with anything. Seriously.

If there's one thing that didn't change is that women are more put on a pedestal, admired and be taken as muses. But beyond the glitz, glamor and socio-political changes or improvements that we have, in the simplest to obvious things, we can easily justify ourselves. We have the power to turn ourselves as cute, cunning and innocent.

Men cannot bend and manipulate their own principles, no matter how twisted they seem to be. They're stuck at role so boxed and so high in expectations that sometimes they get persecuted if they go beyond the line. Women are more flexible. We hold the power to charm, to argue and to find hundreds of justifications that really make sense. Throw in that we are more emotional, but that gives us a great power in return, intuition. Even non-maternal types like me, have that.

In connection, I'm listening to Katy Perry's hit song "I Kissed a Girl." I know I'm again soooo delayed with my music discoveries, half of the world might be sick of this single already. But I find the song so liberating. The premise gos that A girl can kiss a boy out of experimentation, out of curiosity and it ends up to be NOTHING. Girls are still girls and that amount of bending the "Societal Role" will never persecute us. It's kind of twisted that men actually find it entertaining.

We hold hands with our girl friends and nothing will change. We wear jeans. We may talk like men and act "un-dainty- like" but there's a sort of ambiguity to it before anyone could actually conclude that we've gone homosexual. We may take on higher positions and be business minded like men, but we may carry a double role in our house and in our emotions. We have so many switches that MEN even find us crazy creatures. It's just the way we are.

I asked my boyfriend if he minds me kissing a girl, NOT OUT OF HABIT, but out of curiosity of course. He smiled and said he wouldn't mind. Frankly, I'm not even surprised with his reaction, and I'm equally pleased on my level of flexibility compared to his. If I see him kissing a guy even out of CURIOSITY. I might barf.

***

Speaking of Flexibility, I have to slightly contradict myself when I first saw the video "I KISSED A GIRL" in MTV. I honestly thought the singer was ZOEY DESCHANEL (The Happening, Almost Famous,Failure to Launch). I'm a Zoey Deschanel Fan. I think she and I could get along...personality wise. But I'm not a fan enough to distinguish, I guess. My sister ended up EDUCATING me that the one who sang it was KATY PERRY. I thought maybe it was her singer name? Aren't they the same person?



*ZOEY



*KATY

*KATY


*ZOEY

They both have the same looks, same frames, colors, same styles, fashion sense (as you can see) and they both have the NO-Care aura, plus they both PERFORM as an actress and as a singer, but of course each dominates only 1 genre. Nevertheless, in the world of entertainment, one could easily go from acting to singing or vice versa. Talk about major identity crisis. I love Zoey Deschanel acting (I have yet to see her perform musically) and I'm digging Katy Perry (I Have yet to see her act). It's good to see them both live to figure and settle my personal dispute. I'll consider it as a treat, well as long as I get the names right, that's good enough for now. Won't mind kissing them too. :P


http://htschool.alexssa.net/students/graphics/shzooeypic7.jpg
http://a581.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/63/l_2b89235288c155ac4b8539b22179678c.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/botilda/Zooey_Deschanel_023.jpg

No comments: