Friday, October 31, 2008

Sort of Attempt in Halloween

Last night my sister picked me up from a dinner in Makati. We went home listening to 89.9 Halloween special where DJs invite callers to tell their scary stories on air. Half were definitely not scary at all and some callers even failed to tell the scarier or original version of the tales. My sister and I were trying to dial in because we know that we have much scarier stories to tell. Gosh, we both came from St. Scholastica’s Manila didn’t we? And our stories have an original pang to it. We are sort of an expert in hearing and delivering stories already.

Anyways, my sister reached our house and parked in front of our gate. We decided to wait for the last caller to finish his story so that we could possibly get the Magic Hotline number. We were listening intently. Our engines dead. In a quiet deserted street at around 11 pm when there was a loud….. BANG at my sister’s window, like a body being thrashed or mugged.

My sister, naturally, released her piercing scream of a freaking BANSHEE and tried to cross over my space. I was startled for the heck of it and realized that the NITWIT who courageously banged himself in the driver’s window was holding a SNOOPY HOTDOG pillow. There is only one unmistakably stained, droopy and faded SNOOPY HOTDOG pillow owner in town. It happens to be one of my brother’s most priced possessions.

By the time my sister got out and tried to strangle him he was already on guard and laughing at that. My sister apparently had the fright of her life and I’m sure my left ear drum trembled to pieces. Amongst us three, JD is the most wuss in scary movies, stories or situations. Karla and I are more of the horror genre experts, we manage, yet admittedly in extreme cases, I have more tolerance and higher expectations. I think that’s why ghosts do not attempt to make themselves known to me. I might ruin their repertoire. But my brother’s timing was masterful. The fact that he made my heart thump slightly faster is already a plus. But next time, I advised him not to do any scaring attempts with a SNOOPY HOTDOG pillow on hand.

No comments: