Saturday, October 18, 2008

Free Friday

I had a free time yesterday and I had so many activities to choose from, although morning started really slow with a doughnut and a hot chocolate. But free time started at work. I was craving for a lunch out, and I mean outside the perimeters of Valero and Ayala. So, I urged my officemates to go to SOMS at Rockwell Gilid for lunch, then after, we went to Baker's Bazaar at Powerplant mall. We left the office at around 11:30 and we got back....Um...I'd rather leave this blank lest someone thinks we're actually encouraging free time at work to be able to extend lunch till around 3. Oops.

At the Bazaar I bought brownies of course, had free tastes of a couple of things. Correction, everything. I treated an officemate with a cupcake and had fun! After work, without anything productive to do, I took the bank car and decided to pass by Landmark for the sale. Buying shoes has more of a positive outcome here. They mark down prices 50-70% off. Super sulit compared to the clothes, which long lines in the dressing rooms you have to endure. If I had to shop, I'd rather go shop for shoes. That's the only thing that I can endure whatever sale I bump into. Shoes have so many different selections and your weight is not an issue. If you have big feet, they're expected to have a size for that, unless someone already bought the size. The point is, in shoes, there's no discrimination.

For less than an hour of scrutinizing and passing by racks, I bought two shoes, really good pairs. Both black, one is a funky vintage pair that could be worn in the office and one could be worn with a dress or jeans. Perfect. Since both are 50% off, with classic and undeniably good designs I bought two shoes for around 750 pesos. Not bad at all.

My sister know my very predictable taste. Shoes are classic, that's what she said, equals boring for her. I'm not that risque when it comes to shopping. My sister has the outwardly party, violet, geometrical and head-turning shoes, while I prefer the vintage and the classic ones.

Since my sister picked me up yesterday, I treated both ourselves to a Luk Yuen dinner, a Chinese restaurant we can both agree upon. We ordered Fish Bento, lots of dimsum and talked about stuff, not too personal though, that would've been too icky.

So a slice of freedom isn't bad. I never realized that I missed it. For today, it's back to regular programming in every sense of the word. My regular food buddy is back plus another trip to Rockwell to visit the PINK Kitchen Bazaar! Can't wait.

No comments: