Sunday, October 12, 2008

Documenting the first Skype Experience

This is just fresh.

Just before I decided to call it a night, tried to end my chat conversations and bid Mitch goodbye, he suddenly remembered that I have installed Skype earlier this afternoon. I completely forgot all about it. He urgently convinced me to use it before we say goodnight. I was hesitant at first. Suddenly I smelled unwanted stress. Well, I don't know the exact mechanics of using it, that's one. My cousin was the one who installed the program, that's second; and I think I need a functioning headset, third.

But I won't let it get the best of me. I'm not that tech savvy but I'll make this work. How hard could this be? I clicked on Skype and found out that I was already registered. That saved me from task number 2. I gave him my username as I tried to look for a working headset. The only thing I could find near the computer was an el-cheapo brand of my sister's. I had no choice. Might as well try it.

And voila! It worked! I was so happy I got to see Mitch and actually heard his voice well..surprisingly clearer than expected. I'm ecstatic about the convenience this program brings. Now I can understand what this Skype is all about. But I know that I'm terribly delayed.

All along he was on speaker, so good thing I warned him not to say anything nasty lest someone hears him. I just had an inkling to magnify his voice. Can't wait to do this again tomorrow!



This picture makes me want to smile. Ahem, enough of the mushiness. Now, signing off.

No comments: