Saturday, October 4, 2008

Early Bird, Late Bird: My kind of Day

Due to my brother's nagging and incredulously unforgiving call time to school, my dad was forced to drop him off at 5:45 AM. My brother thought he could get easily get rid of me since it was TOO damn early and I slept late. The "master" ate his breakfast unusually happy, only to find out that I'm all dressed up, hair dripping and was looking for my shoes. He looked at me with his eyes and mouth wide open. I looked at him, patted his shoulder, kissed him mischievously, while I borrowed his PSP. His look of massive irritation really made my early call worth it. Well in truth, I was too lazy to commute, and my sister's economical car is on house arrest. Tough Choice.

We successfully dropped him off at 6:01 and I was already thinking of what to do at the office when I was surprised to see my dad taking a different route. He was in full concentration and I figured it was best not to disturb him cause I was smelling a FREEBIE breakfast. He went to Makati Avenue, checked a few restaurants and decided to go to Old Swiss Inn! Bingo.


**YUMMY goodness...carbs...sugar...carbs...sugar...



**What the hell?? Aww my dad's so cute!

**We're ADULTS na raw e! haha

I missed these instances with him. Since I pretty have my itinerary as an adult all planned out, he rarely gets to do this restaurant expeditions with me. How I miss it. So we went inside the restaurant and since we're both watching our food intake, we decided to shy away from the sumptuous buffet. But we still got humongous omelets, breads, spanish sardines, rice and coffee though! The meal was enough to supply me for the entire day. I felt the fat deposited at every parts of my body. So much for not going for the buffet.

When he dropped me off at the office I felt extremely sleepy. So I took an extra doze of caffeine and went to the gym during lunch time, only having Green Mango shake and Shingaling for lunch. Work came in flawlessly and by 5:30 I was nowhere to be found in the office premises.

I went to Fort to meet Mitch for our planned dinner with my great friend Tracy and his DT-Mate Gigi. (If you've read my previous blogs, they are the ones Mitch and I set up on a blind date last April, and they're still happily together. Major accomplishment!)


**My HIGH! My REWARD! My PAYCHECK!

So before meeting Mitch, I went to Fully Booked and spent my paycheck as a reward. Books or Shoes...a no brainer, actually. So I got two titles by Khaled Hosseini. One was Kite Runner that I've already read major parts of, but the promise to get myself a legitimate copy was way overdue. I was about to get Ian McEwan's On Chesil Beach or Sparks' The Guardian, but I got a Thousand Splendid Suns instead. I liked the first chapter of it, and I don't want to make delayed promises anymore. So I noted the other books on my list for my next picking and got these two copies by the intriguing author instead.

Feeling light hearted and high as usual, I went to meet Mitch at Texas Grill at around 7. We had nachos while he was talking about his career as a photographer. No doubt, he'll soon be Nigel Barker for me, even better. Before Gg and Tracy arrived we had a downright quality funny conversation about Haselblad and all that Jazz!

** Give me nachos, screw the nuts!

When our "late" friends arrived, we transfered to another table and had our butts glued to those seats from 8 pm to 12 in the morning! We discussed lots of things. Well, Tracy and I had our own sets of conversations (as planned), and Mitch and GG had their own conversations reigning from photography, life and their "mini dilemma" that at some point Tracy and I managed to share our own opinions and snicker. As usual we stuffed ourselves silly, had drinks, had a long walk to Fort Strip to buy dougnuts and what not, and had conversations that would go down the memory lane. Not to mention, we were so "organized" that Tracy and I managed to deliberate and make a "special list" for execution. (Literally, haha)

**Happy BOY!


**I miss this girl all the time! Haha, Tracy "Happy Food" Sugay! (According to Mitch), she's a feisty girl! She could easily run for mayor with her networks! She gets the number 1 Spot...I willingly gave it to her! Haha

**Happy Boys...with a HAPPY situation

By 12, upon saying goodbye to Tracy and Gigi, Mitch and I quickly stopped by at Friday's to say hello to Chubby (Tessa), PS and Iris. I just found out that Chubby, my sensually voluptuous friend, is leaving for Canada next month! What a bummer! I promise to have a party with her before she goes! I don't even want to think about it, seriously. I would be missing a large chunk of my life. I'll just allot that drama for another post.



Well I was happy. Yesterday was my kind of day! I was able to maximize it from 5:30 in the morning to 1 in the following morning. Not one second was wasted and I accomplished things in flawless manner. I taunted JD. I had a sumptuous breakfast with dad. I worked flawlessly. I visited the gym. I bought two new books. I had a great dinner. I met old friends. I had a promising conversation on the way home, and I managed to read 1 chapter of Josie Litton's Dream Island. I woke up at around 10 and I feel refreshed ready to take on another day. I just have a feeling that today would be as exciting!

No comments: