Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Revival of the Last Few Moments

Last Sunday my significant other and I did something we haven’t done for a very long time that I’ve totally forgotten why we even like it in the first place. Well, we watched and finished an HBO movie in front in our living room, in a comfy blue couch, with toasted bagel, Dulong (spread for the week) and Chiz Whiz (He prefers Chiz Whiz more), with good sounds and visual system as the cool night breeze of December nestled us. Sorry to burst anyone’s imaginations.

I cannot remember the last movie Mitch and I watched in our living room. If my memory serves me right, I think it was a bad DVD copy of the movie The Bank Job, half of which I slept in. Usually, Sundays or Saturday nights were always spent in our living room while I serve something hopefully edible enough to last us the night without emergency bathroom trips. We would watch 2 DVDs or switch to Jack TV after each movie. There we would just sit comfortably in our dressed down clothes, sometimes talk and banter, and just be at ease with each other without the added expenses. I think we preferred it this way except of course watching the most-anticipated movies in theaters. But if we’re just anticipating one of those lazy usual nights with just spending time together as our main goal, we’d usually stay at home, phone for a pizza, watch any DVDs or sometimes play poker with village friends.

But for the past couple of months we find ourselves always out because a lot of changes have been going on, we just had to adjust our “lifestyle.” Since Mitch took his photography into a higher level, most of his Sundays and weekends are devoted to photo shoots in between dinners and movie dates with me. And since we’re already on transition to our new home, our old house is always busy with people. Tension amongst family members is in constant spark. Until we get fully settled within this year, going away from the house for now, for me, is a breather.

Last Sunday after mass, I found myself at home lazy like a pig from the full Racks dinner, and ended up inviting Mitch to come over instead. We intended to watch Max Payne in the nearby mall, but since my friend TIM told me that it was highly forgettable, my interest automatically fizzled out. Mitch got at my house just in time whereas I fixed him some toasted bagel, dulong spread, chiz whiz and coke. We had no particular movie in mind and I tried to fidget for the possible DVD titles we could watch. Conveniently, we chanced upon an HBO Premiere which would start at around 10 minutes. Too lazy to search and think, we surrendered to GEORGIA RULE, a Lindsay Lohan movie.

The movie, despite my apprehensions, just managed to sail through the night. It wasn’t that artistic and it wasn’t that brain wracking. It’s like watching an obviously racy, promiscuous and fashionable girl (perfectly Lindsay Lohan) go through puberty being promiscuous and reckless with three generations of women who couldn’t get along. It was a series of isolated laughs from Mitch directed at those kinky moments as I tried to notice the various white dresses and outfits Lindsay wore. I have to admit, I liked her outfits more than the movie. Not to mention Dermot Mulroney whom I find extremely sexy and the guy who played Harlan, I could've sworn who also played the Centaur in Narnia. That I would have to check.

We actually finished it gracefully with the thought that I was eager to persecute Lindsay Lohan. Before parting ways, Mitch pointed out how wonderful it is to revive the old times. This was where it hit me that it would be less than a week before we totally move to our new house where the environment and viewing set up would be different. We are having the last remaining experiences of our soon to be old house. We would surely miss the couch, the spot and the familiarity of it all. But just like other things, we humans tend to adapt and adjust, treasure memories and move onto new beginnings. The old house will surely mean a lot to us, a structure and a nook that was once a witness to our growths. I just hope that the new house would also serve us well because I’d really hate to see our steady, home-based movie moments tread to history. I don’t want the thought to add more pain to leaving our old house. Last Sunday was all about positive thinking. We just agreed to maximize our last remaining days in its structure, and by this time watching last sets of movies that hopefully aren’t forgettable.

No comments: