Thursday, October 9, 2008

BAD FOOD DAY is worse than a BAD HAIR DAY

*Home October 9, 2008


I consider this as a very BAD FOOD DAY, just like when girls say that "I'm having a BAD HAIR DAY," having a "BAD FOOD DAY" has just the same context. Correction. It's even worse.

When a person has a Bad Hair Day, they would just result to cringing while trying to solve the damage as much as possible. They would either comb it, buy leave on conditioner or just tie it as if it's non-existent. They would probably forget about it the whole day and sleep it off until they shower the next day. They would ultimately sound vain and weird if they constantly whine about it. I'm sorry, but that is not enough reason to act like such a damaged individual unless you're a high-fashion model with a one time interview with Janice Dickenson. Sometimes genes, hormones and nature play the part. In this case, it's not always within one's control. But I'm sure most people won't go as far as wash their hair in public or go to the parlor for that mere reason alone. The worst case is that they would just get irritated...period.

But when a person has a "BAD FOOD DAY," the damages are far worse. Money, easy money, is thrown to waste. Psychological satisfaction is unmet. There is a Higher probability of nursing a woozy stomach. And one would end up managing an intense craving until he ends up eating too much than what was planned.

It happened to me today, FREAKING food SHIT OF NATURE! All basic meals were downgraded to mere "biological fuel" and FOOD is never simply seen as a "biological fuel." Lunch was a disaster with the particular Mongolian Bowl. It was crazy-glossy with oil, the sauce has a faint spicy taste, but they could've done more with extra herbs and seasoning. The bowl was overpriced and has less meat than usual. In short, it wasn't worth it. After 3 spoonfuls, I nearly vomited it to the wastebasket.

But fine, one strike is very manageable. I tried to nurse my starvation till dinner, but at around 3 in the afternoon my stomach was gurgling like a clogged sink. I went to the canteen and had to choose between this succulent looking LOMI and plain Sotanghon. Of course it had to be instantly pleasing this time, so I got the LOMI, which looked very promising. I hurriedly took it to my office only to be disappointed the second time around. After a couple of spoonfuls, I knew I was about to be gagged with WANSOY and PEPPER! It had a faint taste of what good LOMI should taste like. The lomi snack that I bought for roughly 40 bucks wasn't close to acceptable. I closed the container and tried to offer it to my officemates. In food, it's more of a relationship. Disappoint me once, that's fine. But if I get to the third spoonful and it still tastes like crap, I stop and give it to someone else who is just desperate.

I didn't stop there. Silly me.

I went down again to look for something to eat. I saw a beautifully made cake, but so as not to be fooled, I asked what it was and went as far as asking them of the ingredients. The name was even more enticing "FROZEN MANGO CAKE." Relieved, glad, I wasn't so sure. I paid 40 bucks and got it. I think on my way to the office, I even lowered my expectations just to be sure.

When I first took a bite, need I surprise myself more? It was not at par to my lowered expectation. It doesn't even make sense. It was just a plain sponge cake anyone could buy at the grocery, slice it in half, put heavy cream on it and put a slice of over riped mango. It wasn't even close to cold, and they're telling me it's frozen? I'm sorry but was the cream a metaphor to Frozen?

I've had enough. My officemate even noticed how frustrated I've become. "Malas ka lang ngayon." Well, double "malas" (Ill fortune) my ass! I spent 250 bucks today for food that tastes like crap. I was still as hungry as a horse and I cannot focus on accomplishing detailed reports without a psychologically and biologically satisfying sustenance. "I'm going to Glorietta later. This experience will be offset, I promise."

It's more nerve wracking aside from the fact that it's an easy money that I spent. Also, there's a discomforting feeling of not being able to eat something substantial or close to satisfying. The food is present. It's abundant, but the food tastes like paper. It wouldn't do me any good at all. I would end up craving and eating more than I should just like what happened today.

After work, I asked the bank car to drop me off at Glorietta. I called my cousin to join me for dinner and I'm picking the place. At this rate, since I'm spending AGAIN for the Nth time this day, I don't want to experiment anymore. I instantly asked her to meet me at Tokyo Tokyo and finally after a day of unsatisfactory extra consumption, I finally hit much needed value and jackpot at Tokyo Tokyo. We finished it up with an Ice cream cone at Snowstorm before we headed home.

I'm still comprehending though if my hormones were just raging or I just had a bad luck of picking the wrong kinds of food this day. This seldom happens to me though. It doesn't take until dinner for me to offset a particular bad taste in my mouth, but still I wouldn't want to experience this again, hopefully ever. People's lives, my wallet and my sanity are at stake.

No comments: