Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Head Hurts. Shutting down on this.

I’m getting sick and tired of this financial soap opera. I’m sick of watching, reading and feeling the effects. And I’m tired of actually brazing myself and understanding the worse. In fact, I don’t even want to understand. It’s all too disheartening filled with big economic terms when all they want to say are we’re FINANCIALLY in TROUBLE.

I don’t want to bother myself with too much economic data. The way I see it in layman’s term, the cycle is just simple.

Creditors or banks were badly hit. They try to keep up float and do necessary buy-offs and sacrifices. Bankers and money market executives have seen their mistakes and hopefully learned their lessons, which are no to excess, less risky business and more insurance.

Apparently people also learned their lessons. They keep their investments close until they regain confidence with banks and investors. In short, people don’t know where to keep their money and they don’t know if they would still want to RELY on Banks and Investors.

With lack of confidence, savings and investments, banks and creditors now have a short supply of money. The Banks cannot easily accommodate businesses that apply for loans for their continuous operations and expansion.

Some business can wait and thrive, and some just die a natural death. If a company doesn’t have enough funds to generate operations and expand to keep them competitive, everyone would know the inevitable. They would have to sell out, liquidate and fire people. Now this is where normal people like me feel the effect. People get fired, jobs lessen and sources of income are scarce. As supposed “consumers,” we don’t get to “spend” anymore and sales of businesses go down.

And that’s how the cookie crumbles.

Sadly I found this out from my economics class in High School. I never thought I would be actually experiencing it though. I thought I would never get a glimpse of a great depression. I never thought I’d hear government to urgently encourage people to circulate their money. IT's just weird. Some people would think they’re crazy, I don’t blame them. This shitload of crisis is crazy.

Gone were the days of excess and indulgence. Insurances sound as lucrative as a bonus. It changes everything from now on and I don’t think we are seeing the end of it. Well if there's something I want to look forward to is the end of this year, psychologically at least, we’ll all be optimistic.

No comments: