Monday, October 27, 2008

Dreams yet to Interpret

My dreams recently bother me. I know it’s stupid to allow dreams get the best of you, but for the past few days I’ve been having vivid ones. I see and still remember people’s faces, words and actions when I wake up. That seldom happens. At least for three consecutive days, I’ve been seeing similar people, but in different settings and situations. There were a couple of scenes in those dreams that I know I was ultimately upset. Even in my sleep I knew that my heart sank.

My questions are:

Why am I dreaming of the same cast of characters always? Is that even possible?

Why am I remembering particular settings like landscapes of a beach in sepia, a vintage with white walls, a red London bus crossing the river and even particular streets in my village?

Why do I remember upsetting scenes and images done by THESE SAME people all the time? Bickering? Stealing? Philandering? Annihilation? Death?


Is it because I had hefty dinners for three consecutive days that my mind has gone haywire in compartmentalizing? Am I psychologically upset or unstable? I seldom remember my dreams. 99% I don’t remember them when I wake up. So far this is the longest series of bothersome dreams in my whole unprecedented life. Is there a certain message, premonition or at least a precaution I should be looking in to?

Thinking about it now, there is no outward sense in those dreams. Where’s the sense in these?

“THERE’S A PURPLE RAINCOAT”
“WHAT? IT WAS JUST A JOKE.”
“BUY ME A TICKET TO THE RED BUS.”

Those are the few lines that I remember and it doesn’t make any sense to me. The more I try to understand the more I get bothered. Until someone concludes that dreams like these mean something, as far as I’m concerned these are just products of wild imagination, stress and indulgence to Halloween. Scaring myself is what I apparently do best.

No comments: