Thursday, October 9, 2008

Confession: I watch Coffeemakers

I have a weird habit of watching a coffeemakers in action. It must be the gurgling sound, the ingenuity of the machine, or the resemblance of a futuristic Mrs. Potts (Beauty and The Beast). I specifically like it more when I’m witnessing the percolation in its earlier stages. I see fine, glistening coffee drip in that transparent pot, while it suggests for other people to do something more productive with their time. But no…..I watch.

I’m one of the coffee maker’s biggest fans. I drink an average of 4 cups of coffee a day and I like it piping hot. I go to Coffee Bean and Starbucks on special occasions when I’m craving for their signature drinks, but I’m a certified coffee maker drinker everyday. I get a very special satisfaction drinking at coffee makers. They’re so empowering. Also, I only get to experience this bliss at the office since no one REALLY drinks coffee as much as I do at home. My dad favors the 3-in-1 Sugarfree packs and occasional Americano Decaf at coffee shops, my sister’s coffee experience is only limited to Starbucks and my mom never drinks coffee. So far, I’m the only viable candidate for caffeine addiction.

I’ve also accepted the fact that they never have any intention of buying a suitable coffee maker. My dad once bought a bread maker, literally a complicated slab of a machine, but it was never used ONCE. But when he won a couple of coffee makers from his golf tournaments, he would just give it away or he simply doesn’t mind where our maids put it.

So, by the time I get my own unit or maybe as a preparation for our new house, you know what I’m probably getting first, not that you really want to know. I just had to explain my weird habit.

No comments: