Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Boo-Boos: Bitch Fit

Last Monday I went to Powerbooks Greenbelt to look for specific titles for our exchange gift. Sadly, the titles were hard to find so I just bought a 500 bucks worth of gift card. I could've given her my old copies of the books if I actually have one and probably throw in a new book I would highly recommend, but my collection of Nicholas Sparks' works is very limited. So, I got the card, had a quick filling of dessert and decided to wait for a taxi at the nearby Greenbelt Drop off point.

Upon going down the escalator I already sized up those who were flagging for taxis. All in all they were two, which makes me the third. Some few souls were just waiting for their private rides since sights of taxi do not unnerve them. So I waited in the middle spot being mindful of the two others who got there first. It was not a surprise for me to wait longer nowadays for a taxi being that almost everyone was out on lunch or people were just generous enough to take cabs to lessen forms of inconveniences in whatever Christmas rushed shoppings they had to do. But in roughly 20-30 minutes the two groups already got their taxis and I patiently waited for mine.

Suddenly there were two guys with manageable packages who appeared a few feet away from me obviously trying to look for a taxi. The younger one was in Barong and the other guy was wearing a tight fitting shirt and I'm guessing plucked eyebrows. They looked ridiculous together and they didn't even once smiled at each other nor talked. I guess they were having a rough day. I've been waiting for roughly 30 minutes already, standing on my heeled shoes, praying for a taxi to show up. Pleasantly there was one that came in the driveway. The taxi stopped short and it was practically in between the "guy group" and I. I prepared my things and moved on to the taxi hoping that the two degenerates would get the idea that I was there first. They must have seen me, unless they're blind or walking on cataract; and being men they would give the ride to me. Apparently they weren't half of the man I envisioned and they're a pair of ignorant assholes that should have acids poured to their eyes.

They swiftly got hold of the taxi and went in while I was outside the door looking at them conspicuously. If looks could kill I would have had darts piercing their membranes at that point. The gay looking guy looked at me and I didn't release my pissed stare at him. The younger guy saw me too, but sheepishly looked away knowing that they're at fault and whispered something to the gay looking guy. Mr. Gay looking guy threw a fit at the younger guy and the taxi sped away.

Now, I'm in a foul mood.

I vowed to myself that the next taxi that comes around, I don't care if it was a president of some god forsaken wallstreet bank forcing himself to get in, but it would be my taxi. Another 15 minutes from the horrible incident there were three middle-aged ladies carrying boxes of appliances with them, obviously looking for a taxi. With their packages, they should've known better than to walk around and look for taxis in a very unfortunate time. I made my presence known just to make sure and immediately saw a taxi pulling over. I quickly welcomed the taxi as if I'm the valet who will open the door when the NERVE OF ME the dark chubby girl followed my movement and positioned herself at the edge of the backseat door. She beckoned to her group to follow her because obviously "may taxi." Morons.

I just looked at her and why is it that she didn't look back when she can feel my nostrils steaming hot? I still stood silent. As the passenger went out of the opposite door because obviously we were blocking the other, the dark chubby girl extended her hand to the door handle completely ignoring my presence. Then I snapped.

"Excuse me, but I was here first."

Wala parin. NO effect.

In a louder tone. "Excuse me, if you have respect for yourself and enough common sense, you will let me go first because I've been standing here for almost an hour and this is obviously my taxi."

She just stared at me like I was some kind of diva. Actually, I felt it was just so right to let her feel that way.

I grabbed the handle and finally said without looking at her anymore. "Maghintay po kayo ng turn nyo." And went inside and offered directions to the driver. Unbelievable. People could be really ruthless and it's supposed to be Christmas. Come to think of it, as I shared to the taxi driver, I would've let her go in first if she had just politely asked me (then I would kill myself for letting her go). She has lots of packages, in polite democracy, I would've understood. But she just forced herself, completely ignoring my presence, and felt that I would back down. She was such a plain stupid ass bitch taking advantage on Christmas, and I just happen to be at that time, morphed to a bitch myself.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: