Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year. Welcome 2009

WE have 1 MORE hour left before we bury 2008.

I can't wait.

As I hear firecrackers outside, I couldn't have agreed to start the first seconds and minutes in a loud bang. Every bang signifies the death of the old, the birth of the new. Good job to the year that brought me some sufferings I've never imagined I'd conquer. Good bye to certain perceptions in life that seem to hold me back. Good riddance to those people who tried to make my life miserable. Forever they would be marked in my year end book of 2008, and that book would be kept in the deepest recesses of my memories.

The firecrackers, the champagnes, the food the parties are all for you 2008. You may not be perfect, but thank god I'm still here making a blog about you and thanking you for making me get through your thorns of anguish, anxiety and horror. But you also hold special memories that I would like to cherish. A new job. A new house. A new set of friends. A new pet and new perspectives in life. Cheers to you.

And cheers to 2009. I welcome your clean slate for people to trample on, to mark on and to cherish. May you be kind and hold as many blessings, opportunities and breaks for all of us. May you not totally submerge us with your economic turmoil. May you not break nations into wars. May you be kind to my family's health and to mine that we may still celebrate your exit. May you be an answer to my prayers.

Goodbye and Welcome. May this night be a transition of sorts.

Happy New Year.

No comments: