Friday, December 26, 2008

What a Beautiful Day

AWW Shucks!!!!:D


A while ago I was grouchy to the extremes why I'm spending my Friday here at the office when I'm supposed to have lunch with my girls (Caan, Rosella and Leslie). I wasn't really in the mood to enjoy food or eat out when I skipped our annual Christmas lunch, which I NEVER DO. It also didn't help that they kept calling me to know if I could still make it to the point of letting me know that they ordered at CPK. They were all hoping to see me and offered wonderful temptations imaginable, but there are just some things that I have to sacrifice.

So I submitted to the fact of rotting my dull day at the office, but little did I know they were planning something for me. While I was reading some random blogs someone approached me and told me that someone was looking for me. I instantly assumed it was Mitch since he called me up that he's already at the nearby Starbucks and I invited him to keep me company at the office, but an officemate told me that a group was looking for me. It only took a few seconds to register that it was them!

I quickly got my badge, went to the main door and saw my girls at the lobby waiting for me with a small BANANA cream pie with a candle and prepared cameras. They literally surprised me! I was especially elated with the dessert they picked and the take out from CPK they wanted me to have. Bad luck that I ate at Chowking, I would've devoured it there and then.

These girls are wonderful. Even though we carry on with our busy schedules we're still there for each other, carrying out lunches and surprises just to make our group special. I'd like to think we'd still be like this in the next 20 years to come. Maybe we'd get filthy rich then and we'd have lunches all over the world. Whatever happens I'm here for these girls as they have proven time and time again that they're always here for me.

You guys are the best!



No comments: