Sunday, December 28, 2008

The thing on Overclinging couples is..

There is something weird about over clinging couples. Not that I outwardly hate them, it's just distracting. I quite understand that in the first phase of a relationship there is a need to develop that level of simple intimacy together. Both are still trying to familiarize with each others' physical comfort and the knowledge that they are officially "attached" with someone would make the groping, clinging, petting happen naturally.

It's understandable. True, but I cannot say that I, as a public viewer, appreciate the amount of distraction. Engaging in a conversation with full knowledge of the present relationship is enough than to have the additional actual arm-clinging and pulling and the petting and the nudging. It's verging towards PDA and instead of focusing on the conversation, I would at the end feel really uncomfortable. It's not as if I can blurt out this 'personal inconvenience' that would have been too rude and off the charts. So public would have to swallow it in. Clinging couples should think about the intensity, propensity and specific acts they may display in public.

A quick kiss, a purposely given hug are totally okay, rather than have couples finding each others' warmth in each others' body constantly. I believe I've been like that in my early years with my boyfriend. I'm not a hypocrite, but I never expose it in public. Gosh no, I would slap myself. It would be just too weird for me knowing I can put myself in the public's shoes and would end up puking. Or it's just that I'm not that mushy and sweet person to begin with.

Over clinging couples are irritating but something that I could bear. I could easily understand the intensity and the overflowing of emotions that transcend to physical actions. These feelings for the couples are priceless and I would just have to be the public that has to adjust. This comes with a person's personality and overflowed joy. Everyone has a choice and I respect theirs. I just don't want to reach a point wherein I have to choose to talk to them lest I puke or wag my flag of submission.

No comments: