Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Cold Manila! I love it!

It's so cold, like a mild Baguio coldness happening in Manila! And I love it!

I find myself having occasional coffee breaks across my office with my colleagues for the past few days while it's abnormally pleasant in Manila. We ended up ordering hot drinks instead. The breeze was just fantastic.

And I was still at the office at around 11 pm last night just occasionally going down to meet Mitch at Starbucks and it was so damn cold. At home I didn't turn on the air conditioning, yet found myself grasping for the comforter. I'm not even sure if I turned on the electric fan.

This morning, I woke up at around 9 am and the sun was (still is) shining brightly. Like a dream that I never want to end, I made sure to feel the weather first and was happy that it's still cold. I went to take a shower hoping that the sun warmed the water a bit, but unfortunately not. I saw Harvey, an ever so energized bunny and found himself constantly snuggling and lazy. He likes to play in his bed and just curl himself like a ball in the dirty kitchen. My sister's gone lazy as well. My mother realized she was moving in slow paces finding herself lying down in their bed, just thinking. I would've stayed in my bed too. I just find myself getting gracefully used to this than any other season. I hate to think that summer comes next. It might be an extreme version of this, which I naturally dread.

My friend Tim, who equally likes cold weather, told me to wake up early in the morning like around 5 am and go out of my house. He said I'd be slightly shivering. I asked him if I could see my breath just like what happens in movies. He said, I should just bring a flashlight to savor the ultimate experience and just to make sure.

5 am? Hmm....I'll just take his word for it.

REAL WEATHER REPORT c/o
PAGASA: METRO MANILA 19 C - 31 C (Not bad, manila with a possibility of a 19 C?? Yahoo)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was indeed cold; my thermometer drops to 19'C