Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sisterly Benefits

And so it was again a loaded day. I've never had enough time to rest my wallet for this weekend, but the main consolation is I've become ultra-productive. I've managed to check out main tasks for the week and I've gotten specific orders confirmed. Pimples were already starting to show due to extreme anxieties, but I've already bought some remedy and have learned to calm down by constantly accomplishing things that haunt my dreams at night.

Today, my sister and I went to Boni High after lunch bringing Harvey along. Our main tasks were to buy a decent pair of shoes and some make-up stuff my sister needs for the party. If there's one thing that I appreciate and totally trust with my sister, it's this. Shopping She would tell you outright if something doesn't work for you. She's also not the type who would focus on one garment. She sees everything and learns how to make it work. She is flexible and very open minded in clothes and shoes, unlike me, the forever grouch and moron in this department. Beside her Multi-media profile, she is an underground stylist / shopper. Even though she has diverse taste, she adjusts to my personality and suggests things that I have a chance to consider. She sometimes does the sales talk too, which I end up falling for.

While I was having a hard time figuring out what goes well with my feet, she immediately singled out one pair that constitutes a modern Mary Janes with triple straps. In a matter of minutes, I bought it. Then we went to a make-up store and I ended up playing with Harvey outside as she does the selecting and picking of hues and types of products that wouldn't aggravate my sensitive skin. I only ended up going inside when it was time to pay. It was convenient. If she wasn't with me, I would've ended the whole day there and still messed things up. So, she is considered my personal shopper from now on.

As much as I hate to admit it, with the help of Harvey, my sister and I for more than 2 hours together didn't attempt to kill each other. What Christmas with inevitable shopping could do to me.

No comments: