Monday, December 29, 2008

No Resolutions

I don’t make resolutions. I did when I was a kid, but admittedly broke it off on the exact New Year’s day. I figured resolutions do not necessarily have to happen on the start of the New Year. Resolutions can be done when you wake up in the morning in the middle of the year and it’s something ridiculously challenging that it often requires too much effort and time. What I make at the beginning of the year are goals.

Goals are more precise and more time-bound as compared to mere resolutions. Resolutions are ideal changes that we want to adapt in the New Year whereas Goals are something that we want to achieve throughout the year. Adapt is something that happens gradually and naturally. Achieve is something that we work for, that we target for. And seriously, resolutions always break without harboring remorse. Goals when not achieved, resounds failure, which has more impact for me at least. That’s why we always tend to break (forget) our resolutions. We would always feel that we have a year to try it again and our egoes aren’t penalized. But to have missed a goal in a particular year means losing target. Time and effort were spent out of a failing outcome. There are more things at risk in goals than in resolutions. Call me sadistic, but goals are the real thing for a fresh year.

No comments: