Monday, December 1, 2008

Twilight...yawn

I watched the much-anticipated Twilight movie last Friday with friends and my cousin, having our boyfriends to be actually 'forced' to endure this fan chick-flick.

But how do I put this gently?

I didn't like the movie TWILIGHT as much as I've expected.

The last time I checked I didn't have high expectations as I am not really a die-hard fan. But I read the book and formed a few random scenes in my head and it's nowhere near the movie. First, it's a teenage romance flick between a vampire and a girl. I understand that the director maximized that aspect because it's the primary reason why the book sold in the first place. We've seen enough vampire movies to last us a lifetime, but a high school vampire in love with a girl is something really cheeky.

The setting was phenomenal. Now I seriously want to relocate to Forks Washington just because I hate the sun and dry season, but beyond that it's just a Nickelodeon ride for me. The people there are perkier than I've expected except for Bella's father of course, whose character I like, not-hovering.

The characters were okay, but I don't understand the fuss over Edward Cullen. He might be oozing with appeal and he has this wide-eyed stares that freaked me out, but I didn't imagine him to be that pale and rough. The perfect, marble, chiseled vampire could be in the likes of a Japanese pop star that has 10x intensified beauty regimen compared to that of an average woman. He should be ethereally pale and not like caked frost pale with in fairness, lovely amber eyes. As far as I'm concerned they're looking frosted-cake to me.

Do not expect any decent action scenes though. It's pathetic. You can't imagine how much I want to see Underworld: The Rise of Lycans soon.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand close ups and cheesy love scenes. I'm not sure if I can bear it as I squirmed around punching Mitch ocassionally. Maybe it's that effectively done or because I'm not such a Bella fan at all. I want her to suffer because of her stubborness actually. They're too intense and whimsical at that age, calculated to the certain degree of unbelievable agonizing abstinence. Ding Dong, not that realistic.

I don't know, love this or hate this I couldn't care less. I'm too tired to post any more reactions to this. Crap that the movie's expensive and the only moments I enjoyed there were the Underworld Trailer and the Baseball scene. I could watch the Vampire's Baseball game the whole 2 hours than being taken on a ride submerged in the goey lava of teenage love.

Another case of mediocre movie adaptation for me.

No comments: